Mark is a photojournalist currently in New York, NY.
Originally from Wisconsin, Mark Kauzlarich is a New York City based documentary photographer and co-founder of Everyday Rural America. He holds a Master's of Arts in Journalism from the University of Missouri and dual Bachelors degrees in Political Science and Middle East Studies from the University of Wisconsin. Mark speaks and reads two dialects of Arabic. In 2015, Mark interned at The New York Times. His work has been featured three times by TIME's Lightbox and once by The New York Times' Lens Blog.
Mark has contributed to the following publications and clients:
- The New York Times
- The Weather Channel
- The New York Times Lens Blog
- TIME Lightbox
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Die Zeit
His work has also been published by:
- The Atlantic
- Mother Jones
Mark's work has been in curated shows and galleries at:
- 2017 - mpw.69 - McDougall Center for Photojournalism Gallery, Columbia, MO
- 2016 - Encounters: Picturing the Campaign for POTUS - Gulf & Western Gallery, New York, NY
- 2015 - Parting Shots - McDougall Center for Photojournalism Gallery, Columbia, MO
He has received numerous awards for his work and a fruit basket from CNN.
He is available for hire for reportage, portrait, or general news assignments in the United States or internationally.
His archive is represented by Redux Pictures.
All Photos: ©Mark Kauzlarich 2017